Our R&D team focuses on our customers’ needs – and even our customers’ dreams. Barenbrug’s R&D innovation is tied to our commitment to total product satisfaction, and it is driven by our faith in customer centricity. Our innovations are tested and supported by numerous official trials, and we reach top positions across the world on recommended variety lists. In other words: if we claim it, we deliver it.
Think global, act local
Barenbrug’s R&D team is spread out across the world, in all the main climate regions of the planet. In this way, we can provide specialised knowledge and innovative products for local needs and climate conditions. In addition, our organisation is enhanced by an international network of collaborations and strategic alliances with leading universities, research institutes and partner companies. These relationships help us get the most out of plant genetics and seed technologies, and offer the best to our customers.
Innovations in grass and legumes
More than anything, innovation drives our worldwide growth. A comprehensive portfolio of grass and legume varieties, designed to meet the needs of each of our customers worldwide, helps us help you be more productive – not to mention have more free time of your own for time with family, friends, sports and everything outside the workday that makes life worth living!
We are proud of our most recent innovations that made this dream a reality:
- BarOptima PLUS E34 revolutionises tall fescue for forage production at livestock farming and is bred in association with the ground-breaking beneficial endophyte E34 for only the best performance under extreme climatic conditions.
- Water Saver achieves a healthy green turf in regions exposed to drought and heat around the world.
- NutriFibreis the latest grass technology for silage production. The foundation of NutriFibre is soft-leaf tall fescue, an innovation hailing from the Royal Barenbrug Group’s international breeding programme ‘Grass for highly productive dairy cattle’. NutriFibre technology combines mineral efficiency, high protein production, digestible, effective fibre-rich cell walls and rooting intensity.
- RPR stands for Regenerating Perennial Ryegrass, a strong grass type that spreads horizontally via determinate stolons. It is the first perennial ryegrass endowed with this specific characteristic. RPR retains its strength and good looks even during the most intensive use, and its high wear tolerance makes it ideal for sports applications.
- Simply put: sustainable, economical grass. Barenbrug actively helps greenkeepers and green space managers reach more sustainable use and management of grass. Our GreenEarth label confirms that our grass scores better than previous generations in terms of reduced water use, fertilisers, herbicides and mowing.
“Innovation is at the heart of everything we do.”